Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champ CB 60

Willys53 ยท 2021-07-01 23:11

Hey I have a Champ CB 60 (1988) that needs brake master and wheel cylinders (4). I have been unable to locate, any ideas out there? I dont understand why I seem to always have "that " piece of ..... equipment

Replies14
  1. #1crane operator2021-07-01 23:22

    Its not likely that its anything exotic. Champ likely just took some over the counter available master cyl. and wheel cylinders, and installed them. Its not going to be easy, but I'd suggest removing the master cylinder and one of the front and rear wheel cylinders, and taking them to a good auto parts place where they don't mind looking through the books until you see something that looks like yours, and match it up. I have a old champ and oriellys had it listed for some parts in their database.

  2. #2Willys532021-07-01 23:47

    I have been to ORielly, 2 different Napa stores and currently working with a clutch/ brake specialty shop. cant find a rebuild kit either

  3. #3Willys532021-07-02 09:52

    The master is hydraulic boosted , was told that it looks like surplus military tug parts .

  4. #4Txhayseed2021-07-02 18:52

    I doubt its surplus military parts. Champs are still very well used machines. Lots of them still in use. I would think any rebuilder could measure the bore and match something up for you. If not I would measure it myself and hit the web.

  5. #5Willys532021-07-02 19:37

    I have a clutch brake shop ordering the parts now, very odd parts. 2 week wait for the parts but if they are correct, well worth it. I was surprised at the difficulty finding the right parts, I thought 1988 wasnt too old lol

  6. #6Willys532021-07-12 19:39

    The master is a 2 stage, small plunger inside of a larger plunger , . I have to wait for 2 months for Mico to build and ship a new unit. No one has anything in stock . Also a bit pricey at $500

  7. #7excavator2021-07-12 20:04

    What you need to find is a parts store with an old guy still working who can read parts books. Oh, and you need to find a store that didn't throw all the old books away. I'm all for using the internet and use it everyday but there is still nothing that can beat the paper parts books. I worked on several Champs a few years ago and got what I needed from NAPA, but that was a few years ago. Things have probably changed since then.

  8. #8Willys532021-07-12 21:51

    You are correct, the old knowledge is gone for sure. We have identified the parts, just cant be found easily . Napa was always the go to around here,.... employees just dont seem to be that interested in really digging to find anything

  9. #9crane operator2021-07-12 23:07

    If you would, please post up the part # that you bought? That way if anyone researches this problem in the future, and comes across this thread, the part # would be here for them to find. I'm glad you figured it out, its kind of a thrill when you find the right part # for a obsolete part. Did you hear the indiana jones theme in your head when you found it in the book?

  10. #10Willys532021-07-13 19:43

    I sure will,... when i get there . Upon closer inspection the 4 wheel cylinders are not correct , 1/4" shorter. The "correct" ones have been ordered but take a larger brake line fitting so lines will have to be modified or replaced(4) . We will see how long the cylinders take . I am thinking of taking up heavy drinking LOL

  11. #11mike bledsoe2021-07-22 14:57

    Call Charlie at L&M frictions he supplied us with Champ brake parts for years. If anyone can get it he can. Tell him Bledsoe sent you. (951)684-5713

  12. #12Willys532021-07-22 18:16

    Thanks, I finally got the wheel cylinders... waiting on the master cyl now

  13. #13FelipeCTS2024-09-06 22:42

    The brake master NAPA# NMC M661

  14. #14FelipeCTS2024-09-06 22:47

    I have a Champ CB60S and looking for a wiring diagram or information on the ignition module, Pick-coil and ignition coil/resistor. I just can't get it to start. It was working fine