Champion Motor Grader 100T, Erection process outside factory, in Goderich. The unit it was shipped to somewhere around in Texas?
That might be the one that Phillips and Jordan Construction used, when they built the dam here at Lake Ray Roberts, just north of Denton, Tx. It arrived here at the jobsite about 1982 or so. I rode in the cab several times. Quite a monster!!!
It's so sad that this grader not more built, so interesting, a big blade, so it can push lots of earth
Yes you’re totally right, I was there few time for service purposes. Good memories, the great steak house in Denton, I believe that my Champion tie still hanging inside there, they cut it off. Also we produced a film to uses for sales tips in Africa. (GECAMINES Cooper mine in Zaire) I don’t know if I still have it available, with me? Delio.
The Trail Dust steak house...if you are wearing a tie after 5 PM they will cut it off.
Yep, has to be the Traildust. It is still in operation today. I need to look for that tie next time I go there.
OK I’m now enjoying my time in Oman, retired but doing something with Champion Graders of course. One day I will go back to Texas, just for couple of days, have look at that water dam? Keep in touch, any thing relate to Champion Graders, all ways I can help.