I'm looking for photos from Graders which are used for the fire department. I have find one modern: http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.asp?PhotoID=5564
That's Los Angeles County (gold plated toilet seats, etc) Bet that's the only one...
Here is another one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/6839890221 And here you see one which cleans up: https://www.flickr.com/photos/65535777@N05/6231046369
Here are two ones: http://www.californiadozeroperatorsgroup.org/Fire___Dozer_Collection_157.jpg Those graders cutting fire lines in the fields.
Here are grader in use which cutting fire lines. (Source https://www.facebook.com/graderphotosvideos ) https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=144534392918310
I've been to lots of fires and I've never seen one. Those pictures are the first I have seen in fact. Normally they use dozers because if the fire moves from grassy fields to brush, rocks, timber, super steep, etc. the dozer can still work.
Graders are lots of faster in cutting grass then dozers, but i think they have additional dozer in use on places with lots if trees or steep places
Not sure if it's still the same, but one time when the forestry called for your dozer for a fire, you had to send it. I remember the float man saying about stopping at the lights on an old bridge having work done to it and how he hoped it was well built as there were three floats with 2 D8Ns and one D8L sitting on one span. Never use graders for fires here, too many trees. I could see the use in a grassy area though.
In the grass lands in eastern Washington State I've see tractors dragging disks to cut fire lines. Dozers are still the most used as the terrain can go from flat to steep within a matter of yards. I think cutting fire line in timber is mostly a manual labor job with machine support where possible.