Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 560

determined ยท 2015-11-10 11:42

Purchased an older Champion 560 grader. Need to get it shipped home. Anybody have a rough idea of what the weight is so I can arrange a trucker?

Replies5
  1. #1Graderfan19812015-11-10 14:00

    Grader weights 11,6 tons, i have the dates from here: http://www3.equipmentwatch.com/Navi...modelInstanceName=D-560&modelInstanceId=27780

  2. #2determined2015-11-10 17:11

    Thank you for your reply Graderfan, the link you attached is saying it is over 25000 lbs. I am thinking that must be the fully dressed weight as I just got off the phone with Jade equipment and they had a brochure for that exact model and they said it listed the base weight as 19500 lbs. Still leaves me concerned as the transporter I was talking to is only licensed for 20 000 lbs of cargo.

  3. #3Graderfan19812015-11-11 09:30

    I don't know if the dates from the sites are right, but when you let me some days time, maybe I can get a copy of a brochure from this type, I try to contact the Antique Champion Grader Club.

  4. #4Fatgraderman2015-11-11 23:39

    They give #'s same as Graderfans here- http://www3.equipmentwatch.com/Navi...modelInstanceName=D-560&modelInstanceId=27780 (25 715lbs). What were you thinking- tridem dually behind 1 1/2 or 2 ton? I'm guessing tandem beavertail behind a S/A minimum if it is indeed 25k.

  5. #5Graderfan19812015-11-12 04:28

    I have get from the champion grader club a copy of a brochure, this says 24,950 lbs, maybe this was the first version, the later ones weight a bit more.