Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 570 saddle retaining pins

Dice ยท 2015-11-12 15:55

Does any one know the part number of a seal kit for the little hydraulic cylinders that retract the saddle retaining pins on a John Deere 570 grader?

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-11-12 17:52

    Repair Kit - AU41651

  2. #2rsherril2015-11-13 16:00

    If your pins aren't retracting then I would recommend you post that question first before determining the cause. My experience with these little jewels, (JD thinks that they are jewels judging by their price to "fix it"), is that a simple $10 replacement ring will do the trick. The JD ring is squared off on the ends for an exact fit to the cylinder. The replacement I found is overlapped so the ring can follow the contour of the cylinder, thus keeping a seal in a cylinder that is worn where the ring usually sits, spending it's time while the blade forces wear on those little cylinders in a very small area. I discovered that using a impact hammer while the valve is depressed resulted in the pins retracting. Once the pin went deep enough the hydraulics would seal enough to complete the retraction. I could have replaced the cylinder, but after talking to my hydraulic people, decided that the ring was all that was needed. So, where to get the ring. All I have is the receipt listing a SPR 3000 Cast Ring for S 10.80. Purchased from H&H Hydraulics Inc. at 970-858-7442. They had it shipped in from Florida overnight. What a relief after having JD quote me a price of over $1K to make it work again. BTW, study how those little cylinders work as they are not like any I've seen before. Instead of a pressure difference, they use different surface area under equal pressure to move the pins. First the pin on the right side goes in, then the left side. Makes me think they were originally developed for farm implements.

  3. #3Dice2015-11-13 16:26

    Thanks for the reply but I don't need to retract them. One of the cylinders is leaking badly. Just need to stop the leak. Just wanted to know if there is a seal kit available for these.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-11-13 19:01

    That kit number is for the 570 if your serial number is above 3926 you may have to buy separate pieces....