First off ..thanks for the Add as this is my first post .. I will try a paint the best picture I can of my Transmission issue.. 8400 trans ,twin stick ,24v ,year model ? With the machine running... no codes(after disassembled cover to read lcd screen better) .. green light on the control.. feels like it will pull forward in all 8 gears but in reverse in all 4 gears will kill the engine.. idle , 15 - 1700 rpm by ear , kills the motor, I don’t like doing it so I will get close .. forward gear has a heavy creep forward (intermittent) ... I will let the machine creep forward to get it close to the edge on flat spot of the tire ..slide to neutral ..let it start to roll and quickly hit reverse and the machine locks up ...slide to neutral.. machine shutters tires forward and free rolls back to the flat spot ..tach up the engine mid throttle in reverse release the clutch probably rite in the sweet spot of the power curve.. slide to neutral.. Machine launches forward like you released a trans brake on a race car .. but calmly settles in neutral.. no codes .. intellic module flashing -1/2 alternate... sight glass 3/4 full .. checked solenoids that are involved with reverse... focused on solenoid 3 ...it’s free and clean...working by bench.spoolis free nice bounce on the spring . Installed it kept it unplugged ...computer caught it .. gave the correct code .. and wouldn’t move in any gear ... removed reverse collector pod to see what I could see ... clean and free .. I haven’t been able to check pressures or flow rates.. those tools are missing in action .. so I’m at a stand still.. until we get those tools to test it further ... Thanks guy and gals for listening
any luck with your tranny? I have a different problem: I have 99, 720a sieries V /5 and am getting the low pressure light and alarm. my sight window shows fluid. I pulled the filter and fluid looked dirty and darker than i expected. Looks like regular motor oil? I cannot find the trans fill spout??? I found a drain plug on left side to drain. Can anyone help me with which fluid i should replace it with and where fill spout is?? My hydraulic filter is also up front under cab and I changed it also. Same filter for both??