Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 736 series 4 with a clark 4800 transmission will not go in reverse

TMAYCOCK ยท 2014-07-06 19:10

I put in a new clutch pack but the transmission will not reverse. It will not move at all and locks up. It will go forward but skips some gears. It jerks when changing gears

Replies3
  1. #1GregD12014-07-06 23:17

    Did it shift before you fixed it ? Why did you replace a clutch pack ? If the answer to the first question is yes, then it`s time to retrace what you did or didn`t do to end up where you are now. Is it an electrical or mechanical problem ? How far apart did you have this trans?

  2. #2TMAYCOCK2014-07-07 09:10

    The clutch burned out. it would not go forward or backwards. once I put a new one in, it would go forward but it would lock up and kill the engine when put in reverse

  3. #3TMAYCOCK2014-07-07 09:12

    It will jerk into a lower gear now. instead of going 4,3,2,1 8 and 6 seem to be the same gear When i try to shift below -5,4 etc, it down to a lower gear by itself I am thinking the wrong wire it attached to a gear, but I don't have a schematic