Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

champion hyd pump question

Mike L ยท 2014-01-16 17:03

we lost the main hyd pump on our old champion 720avp grader. had a chunk of metal get into the valve that controls blade. got metal out but system is full of shavings. I ordered a new pump but am wondering about flushing out system. do I need to unhook all the hoses and flush them? drain the tank? obviously I got new filters but i'm worried about contamination in the rest of system.

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2014-01-16 18:38

    You will also need to dissasemble the cylinders

  2. #2Mike L2014-01-16 19:25

    yikes! any ideas on the amount of time it will take?

  3. #3mikebramel2014-01-17 20:32

    1) Hopefully it is warm where you are working 2) put many cow magnets in the tank when you clean it out 3) the more work you do now the less you will do later