Finished the pipe demo, and now back home clearing up the backlog of demo and clearing jobs. Heres the one I knocked out today. Never seem to get the picture order correct, but you get the idea.
Quite a change from the pipe job, looks like they could use some more clearing.
A welcome change at that, I`m not sure the neighbors would aggree. That was a right of way for a pipe outfall, right next to a couple million doller home on the river, private boat dock and all.
Ok that explains the one picture that you can see a mowed yard. They are never happy when something is changing. To me this would much more enjoyable than the pipe job you were on.
how many hours do you have on your hoe now? i am sure a change is great. i bet the pipeline demo had lot's of rules and safety regulations. sometimes just sitting back and digging with no one around is real peaceful. i am actually out in the bay area this weekend.. not much going on. civil, commercial, or residential. is the competition starting to weed out a little bit? out where we are it is just an exercise in who can work for the cheapest. since i no longer need to practice or do not want to where my equipment out working for free i am trying to stay out of that game. i like the tooth update on the thumb! regards, cd:usa:usa
CD, My next oil change will come at 20.645.00hrs. You couldnt be more right about a strictly regulated job site, with stacks of paper work to be filled out daily. As far as work goes we are slammed right now. There are 3 different sites I could have stayed in the bay area on,and as it is we are useing 3 other owner operator excavators here at home to help us catch up. I was ready to come home, 4 months in a motel was enough for me for awhile. There has been a few outfitts close thier doors in the last yr. And we are doing alot more private work this yr than we have the last few. The thumb has worked out great with the shanks added. Where are you in the bay? Shame you werent closer I would have enjoyed a visit if you had the time.
you doing any cool building demo these days, ddigger?
No wolf, pretty much boring run of the mill stuff, I will let you know if anything exciting should come along. Thanks for checking in, hope things are well for you.
where are you working buddy? still plenty busy?
Yes thankfully, right now I`m on hwy 49 between Auburn and Grassvalley, mile or so long widening, both sides 100s of big trees and a ton of dense brush. This one has been going for almost 2yrs in phases. How about you anything new coming up?
work i am glad to hear you are busy. are you digging up there or clearing and grubbing? we are busy but the money is terrible, my clients are cheap or don't have the right budgets. i am happy to have jobs to go to, it just isn't like it used to be. even last year i was up at 3.30 am. worked 6.30 to 6.30. 5 days a week. 8 hours on saturday and 4 in the office sunday. my work has dropped off, we had a a large job that is about wrapped up. there is not alot of new work out there at the moment. every one is working so cheap it makes it really hard. hey it is excavation, everything could chane tommorow with one phone call. you never know hope all is well on your end. regards, cd
We are doing the clearing and grubbing, although that still involves a lot of digging pioneering in too are work, and to get trucks in, we are using off hwy trucks to haul to a grinding site. Much of this job, the terrain is straight up and dickular. Your right I have had many of those season changeing phone calls, and most times it seems several at a time, and I always seem to chose the wrong one. And pass the gravey to a friend. Best of luck
i love clearing and grubbing. pioneering around. yup that's livin. in my younger days i once put myself in a real bad spot. didn't bother to fuel up before starting on my mission. turns put i am on a terrible side hill and my fuel is in the red. somehow i hit the manual kill switch on the hoe and never knew. so we packed the diesel up in 5 gallon containers. only to have one of the boy's hop in the hoe and flip the switch. quire embarassing. how about a few fotos? regards cd
You said it things can change so fast. While waiting in the lumber yard, I looked at the local paper. Saw the job I had bid on a burned house I lost. Was kind of bummed out as they didn't even give me a chance, since the city has taken over. I had bid it with paying for the cans and concrete removeal. Now the city is paying for the cans and they are hauling away the concrete. So yeah the other guy's bid was less than mine, but not that much. Three hours latter I had a pond to clean out and enlarge at the golf course. I have different house to tear down and then dig a new basement, using part of the old one. What a change a few hours can make, on a hot muggy day.
No pics but heres a quick video I shot trying to learn how to use my new phone.[video]http://youtu.be/pS_zyt--qNI[/video]
Nice video, it looks like you are right on top of traffic! The new phone takes nice videos, what phone is it?
Its a sprint phone, its the htc evo 4g what ever that means. It looked alot better untill I rotated it then it seemed to crop alot of it. And yes live traffic is right below.