Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Change wheel/rim size on Ford 4500?

FRISKY ยท 2015-04-11 16:50

My Ford 4500 backhoe has 24" (8-bolt, 5-1/2" hub hole) wheels. A friend will give me some new tires that are about the same rollout as the tires on the 4500, but they mount on 26" rims. What is the best/cheapest way to get some 26" wheels on this old Ford?

Replies4
  1. #1El Hombre2015-04-11 17:43

    Used parts yard, or if you're really lucky, from a private party. First thing you should do is find out what other iron used the rim size you want. The parts yard might have an interchange book that will list all that do. Then you can intelligently ask about what they have and what you need.

  2. #2Sportsman7622015-04-11 20:52

    Most Ford and Massey Ferguson farm tractors used the same bolt pattern as your 4500. I would look at some tractor salvage yards and farmers treelines for these wheels.

  3. #3milkie622015-04-30 04:50

    I just bought a new rim ---generic for my ford 800 and it was only $130. But I used my center.I do not know what the centers cost.

  4. #4FRISKY2015-06-19 05:00

    Thanks for the replies! I'm still working on this, but it has rained almost every day for over a month and the ground is too soaked to walk on.