Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

changing control functions on CAT315

capecodpondguy ยท 2005-05-10 05:41

I have rented a 2003 CAT 315, a little different than my Bobcat 331!!! I have been used to my Bobcat controls and the CAT has the traditional controls. Is there a lever to switch on the CAT so I can use the same functions that I am used to on my 331? Have some big concrete blocks to unload and septic to install and would feel more comfortable with what I am used to. Thanks David

Replies2
  1. #1DR RPM2005-05-10 07:57

    Most rental machines should have a box with small hoses coming out of it, in front of the rad to change controls, take out the 1/4 inch bolt and move the small lever the other way. This is a common concern for rental customers of smaller machines, so most are set up to switch over :bash

  2. #2coopers2005-05-14 00:53

    Not sure how the others are but Kubota excavators have an "A," "B" pattern switch, A being Deere and B being Cat controls. Our newer JD excavators have a switch in the engine compartment. Blake WA