Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr 945 info

Phil ยท 2005-05-02 06:43

Looking at a 945 for sale in the trader and wanted to know if they were a good machine. They seem very scarce. It has an unusual 2-piece boom; what do you do if the hydraulics are weak? Are pumps expensive?

Replies14
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2005-05-04 17:51

    I'm not sure how exactly the 945 models have held up, but how old is the machine? As for the two-part boom -- these offer more flexibility (duh) in movement, so if find your boom drifting, the easiest thing to do would probably be to bring the boom in closer to the machine by raising the lower piece and swinging in the upper part.

  2. #2Phil2005-05-04 19:02

    Bobcat, thanks for the reply. It's a 1975 model and my big concern is the replacement pump cost. I'm not sure of the many different types of pumps used on excavators but I do know some are very costly. I'm guessing that they are all compensated and are piston or vane type, with the more modern having some type of ECM control (?) I had an old Hy-hoe once that had 3 Commercial gear pumps which were very inexpensive to replace. For the amatuer buying an old machine to do a job, the more you know the better, right?

  3. #3Tigerotor77W2005-05-04 23:18

    Not a problem. Unfortunately, I myself don't have any information about the 945... I would suggest contacting your local Liebherr dealer (if you hadn't done so already) to bring up your subject. Also, maybe some others here can provide more information... www.liebherr.com is the international site.

  4. #4shinny2011-08-05 17:31

    i just bought a 945 and I wondering what the machine will weigh anybody know?? planing to sell it for scrap so if you need parts i am pulling the engine with pumps,driver motors and bucket

  5. #5bobin352011-08-05 21:48

    old thread

  6. #6shinny2011-08-05 22:12

    what do you mean by old thread please

  7. #7alco2011-08-05 23:33

    He means that the most recent post before yours was over 6 years ago. It's unlikely the original posters are going to reply.

  8. #8shinny2011-08-06 09:54

    so does he know the answer to my question??

  9. #9sultan2011-08-06 12:07

    I believe the Liebherr 945 weighs about 30 tonnes.

  10. #10bobin352011-08-06 16:27

    shinny i dont recallthe weight of the machine anymore it been 15+ years since i worked on one

  11. #11shinny2011-08-06 21:22

    thanks for repyling bobin35

  12. #12shinny2011-08-06 21:26

    sultan this is a great hepl thank you

  13. #13Patriot2012-06-06 16:12

    engine wanted wondering if the engine is working and if it is still available what would you be asking for it thanks. contact me [email protected]

  14. #14Mr NL2012-06-07 14:44

    http://www.grovema.com/ liebherr spareparts