Hello, one of my good friends recently bought an older IHI 28 appears to be the chinese model. It runs out great and is a tight machine, but neither me or him are competant on backhoe controls. I know on the newer IHI machines like RSC rents the control pattern is on the floor kind of underneath the lefthand joystick. This one appears to not have a control pattern selector and if it does we have not been able to locate it. Can anyone tell me if this machine has one or are going to be switching some hydro lines?
If it is grey market there is probably not a pattern changer on it. I had a 35J and it was under the floor. IHI makes a good excavator. There should be no reason you could not switch the hoses and get ISO out of it. You might try contacting IHI in Etown, Ky. Great people. I am sure they can help you out with any specific questions you might have on the machine.
I have the Hitachi 50 (gray matter). It felt a little strange pushing the lever forward to swing left and pushing the lever to the left to pull the stick in. I opened the top of Quad and looked at the bolt patten, seeing how it was square i removed them and rotated the whole unit a quarter turn and bolted it back down. Seems alot more user friendly pushing the lever to the left and turning left. i haven't had the opportunity to check out any other machines to see how they operate.