Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing control pattern on 2005 cat 307c without a lever. Looking for a diagram

Doug not so fun · 2015-10-12 17:42

In a pinch...nobody can run cat controls. Need to switch lines under floor without making a steak dinner out of it

Replies12
  1. #1OMB2015-12-13 13:15

    I don't have an answer to your question but a side issue is; sounds like employees are involved, I would be worried about the liability... setup with "Deere" controls in a machine with a "Cat" pattern sticker in the cab, an accident - even unrelated to the switched pattern- could come back to bite the owner in the pocket. I have 5000 hrs. on SAE controls (before I started worrying about things going wrong) I needed to move some form baskets, builder offered his Hitachi with ISO controls, I was so bad(my ego and pride wouldn't allow some patience) my laborer took care of it... what is your backstory?

  2. #2Nige2015-12-13 13:19

    Simples. Get someone (or more than one) who can and can those who can't adapt.

  3. #3Shimmy12015-12-13 13:55

    As some of the longer members on here will agree, "adapting" is crap. I will put my skills on one pattern against ANYBODY who says they can switch back and forth. I will give the switchers credit if they're talking about switching for like a week, but if they say they can switch multiple times per day, AND be as productive as a dedicated operator, I call b******t. Edit: Here's a different angle. I could see there being a liability issue with having a machine sitting in a rental yard where the sticker doesn't match the pattern, but on a customer's machine? Unless you literally have a revolving door of operators, why should it matter? If you have operators that have to check the sticker everytime they want to run the machine, sounds like you have a problem.

  4. #4Oxbow2015-12-13 14:15

    I'm not sure, but some of the Cat minis had the pattern control changer under the floor mat, under your left foot. Maybe you have already checked this, but if not it would be worth a look.

  5. #5CM19952015-12-13 15:35

    I disagree, get the pattern that your operators are most efficient on - doesn't matter which one. I will not own or rent a machine that doesn't have a pattern changer, time is money and there is no time to adapt. Willie posted a thread of an aftermarket pattern changer for excavators somewhere on the site.

  6. #6CaptainAnalyzer2015-12-16 09:44

    Deere controls are for combo loaders, SAE are for excavators.

  7. #7repowerguy2015-12-16 20:48

    Oh no here we go again!

  8. #8Shimmy12015-12-16 22:04

    Pattern changers went a long way towards peace in the excavator world.

  9. #9movindirt2015-12-17 13:40

    If you're worried about liability all you need to do is order a set of decals in ISO pattern, or print some out and have a sticker shop make up a set.

  10. #10Mikefromcny2016-01-02 23:37

    Pm me your email. I have one in PDF. Worked on a 308e.

  11. #11Nige2016-01-03 10:53

    One day you lot are going to surprise everyone by joining the real world and going metric......... And TBH that idea has as much chance of flying as all excavators using the same control pattern.

  12. #12repowerguy2016-01-03 17:03

    ������ Let's hope not!