I have a curiosity, on larger dozers, some old iron I remember reversing the fan blades for summer/winter. I have a JD350 with a plain old fan that blows out the front, I was thinking for winter use, putting the side covers on and getting the fan moving air inwards might help keep the trans and all the other bits a little warmer. I imagine its just changing the fan and finding one that's the right diameter. Has anyone done this? any other concerns? I'd think with the hard side covers on the floor should defrost itself nicely. There are also some grilles ahead of the fan that seem to sit in there loosely, they might need to be tied forward a little.
Have a 350 B dozer. When I got it, it had a electric fan in front of the radiator helping the regular fan(the shroud was missing). It would get hot in summer, finally put a shroud on it and works good now. If you cant find a pull fan you could take the fan off and put an electric fan for winter, just a though.
Is it a belt drive or electric fan? If it's electric all you have to do is swap the wires and it'll blow in the opposite direction.
When I put the shroud on I pulled the electric fan off and the cooling works realy well now, cant beat the right fan and shroud.
I'm lucky to have the shroud intact, seems its just a regular old auto fan that's on there with it being a 'reverse flow' style, CCW rotation viewed from the seat. I ordered a 16" fiberglass flex fan and suggested spacer kit. Same brand as I put on my buddie's Cummins engine swap in a Nelson loader. Will keep the oem fan for summer use, blowing out seems to be a good idea.