i have a 89 case super e and i need to know what i have to do to change it
Take the 4 bolts out of the drive coupler and move it ahead far enough to slide it through. If it will not move take an air chisel with a blunt 1/2 punch on it and using PB Blaster or equivalent air chisel down on the coupler till the lube works in and it will slide right ahead, Took a few years to figure it out but the rest were a snap.
I have been very impressed with a good quality link belt. Easy to change, quiet operation, and good grip without as much belt tension.
So you are saying take the 4 bolts that is near the front of the engine and I don't have to take the hyd hoses off and the bolt that holds the pump on the from off
Rainman welcome to HEF! Here is a picture from when I changed the belt on my super K, showing the 4 bolts removed and the coupler slid forward to allow the belt to slide through. Should be the same principle as Melben describes. If you don’t have much rust or corrosion requiring a little persuasion, it is a pretty quick job to change the belt.
I didn't realize they had a ribbed belt, all my older stuff is all V belt.
Thanks for the info reckon I'll try to do it this weekend if it ain't raining
Or get a link belt and skip the rest of it. Even a Harbor Freight will work. http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=link+belt Joe H
Yesterday I tackled the changing the fan belt and it wasn't to bad but still a pain in the *** wasn't much room to work with I appreciate all the feed back I got from y'all it was a big help I reckon the next job will be the alternator I thought the old belt was slipping some and wasn't charging the battery but I rechecked the alt after the new belt and it didn't change the voltage
Make sure you check the alternator idiot light on the dash. If the bulb is burned out the alternator won't charge.
I don't have a idiot light on mine just a gauge
If u are talking case super e it does have a light as well as a volt gage, if is not lighting with the switch on you may have found your problem
None of my lights work and my gauges also don't work I checked the fuses and all was good as far as I could tell after I changed the fan belt the alt did start charging on the low side I have a new alt to put on just haven't had time to do it
rainman My 580k was not charging and tach would not work. If you used a jumper wire on the ignition switch jumping from power wire to the dash wire it charged. Mine was a defective ignition switch. First thing check that dash bulb.