Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing from 11R 22.5 to 12R22.5 tires

BoomerFF373 ยท 2009-06-23 19:59

I was wondering if you had to change rim sizes if you upgraded from a 11R22.5 tire to a 12R22.5 tire on a truck? Any advice?

Replies3
  1. #1Kgmz2009-06-23 22:16

    What size are your rims? Usually 11R22.5 is on a 8.25" wide rim, and a 12R22.5 is on a 9" rim.

  2. #2BoomerFF3732009-06-25 19:54

    I think they are 8.25s. I never realized 12R22.5 were on a different rim... I thought they were just a little taller and could carry more weight.

  3. #3hollywood2009-06-27 09:35

    11R 22.5 fit a 8.25, 7.50 12R 22.5 fit a 8.25, 9.00 We run them on the same rim in our fleet. What I would check if you are running a late model truck with an ECM is reprogramming the tire revs. You can get the tire revs from the tire manufacturer's data book.