Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing out dead axle on D7G

Dave Neubert · 2024-02-01 14:04
Replies13
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-02-01 14:07

    Sorry for poor quality pictures threads on dead axel were stripped had to machine adapter to weld on dead axle to pull out new bearings and seals wile I was in there

  2. #28V712024-02-01 20:19

    We used to pack the shaft in dry ice on re install. Is that how you do it?

  3. #3Shimmy12024-02-01 22:49

    Where's Bluox to b!tch about your cribbing??

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-02-01 23:32

    Don't give him ideas.

  5. #5crane operator2024-02-01 23:38

    You're just jealous of that big cylinder he's got.

  6. #6.RC.2024-02-02 01:20

    What is it with so many machines in the US not having rippers. Here it is rare to see a drawbar only machine. Is the dirt in the US so soft you never need to rip it?

  7. #7OzDozer2024-02-02 01:44

    The answer is Yes. I too, was greatly surprised at the number of tractors in the U.S. without rippers, when I first got onto the tractor forums. We got all the hard rocks here.

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-02-02 03:24

    Except for Gainborough's site.

  9. #9Dave Neubert2024-02-02 08:11

    I have used 12X12 white oak blocking for ever with no problem

  10. #10Dave Neubert2024-02-02 08:13

    I use the cat press it in with 50 tons and tighten nut wile under pressure

  11. #118V712024-02-02 08:55

    I personally would not own a crawler with out rippers. But If you look at the history and evolution of the crawlers they originated in this are for agriculture purposes so they could run in softer ground conditions around Stocktons Delta area.They were used a lot around here for pulling implements and scapers up until the 8 wheelers and rubber tracks took over. Most of the construction rigs run rippers and the loggers mostly winches.and the ag guys usually run draw bars or single barrel ripper on the larger machines. The soil varies alot you can go from sandy loam to hard pan to clay to sugar sand or very rocky conditions with in 30 miles

  12. #1256wrench2024-02-02 09:07

    Rippers are handy but a lot of extra weight if you don’t need it. A lot of the machines i ran 50 years ago had winches

  13. #138V712024-02-02 09:42

    Just saw the legs in the last pic,going back together. That’s a more accurate way to do it.