I have a 2005 PC400lc-7l to run and i am use to john deere ord backhoe pattern and the komastu has cat controls. The excavator has a stack of pilot hose quick couplers behind the cab to he left of the swing motor and valvestack. Is there a chance that i can just swap a few of these quick couplers and be fixed up?
I've never been around a Komatsu but it sounds to me like those quick couplers were put there for that exact purpose. I would mark all the hoses before moving anything so that if you put them in the wrong places it's easy to put them back to where it was and either start over or leave it for someone else to do... Hope this is of some help...
Yeah found out that if you change 2 and 8, and 4 and6 is the way to switch the control pattern
beandrew, Swapping the PPC lines around is not the best or eaisest way to change the pattern on this machine. If I'm not mistaken the pattern change valve is located on the right and side of the cab between the cab and swing motor just un screw the locking screws and move the leaver then retighten the locking screws I would post a picture from the service manual or O&M manual but I don't have permission to do that yet but if you go to the item locator in your O&M manual the valve is item #12 Thank You Matt
Well done beandrew, you switched the correct hoses. It is very important to switch them before the pressure switch block and after it which means that you should switch hoses coming from the cab to the block.
This pc400-7L has 7200hrs on it and alot more hydraulic noise than my pc220-7L with 4500hrs. Just kinda hoping that is normal.
If it is a whinning noise, check the strainer filter in the hydraullic tank and change it if necessary. Otherwise if the machine works normally so no need to worry about it
I've been searching for the same explanation and this thread is all I can find. The machine I'm trying to change is a work machine and I don't have the time to mess around and experiment with what hoses do what during my shift. I can't find any numbering of the quick couplers on the valve behind the cab and they are vertically stacked. It would be awesome if you could be more specific of exactly what hosed get changed. Are you saying that 2 gets switched with 8 and 4 gets switched with 6? Is #1 the top hose and numbered sequentially from top to bottom? Thanks in advance!
Komatsu PC 40-7 How do you know which pilot hoses are 2, 8, 4, 6? Thanks bob
If it aint deere it is QUEER .
This diagram is off a smaller and older machine so I can't say your PC400 is the same. It might give you some reference though. View attachment Dash 6 Pilots.pdf