I believe my thermostat is stuck closed so I am going to replace it. I am hoping somebody can give me some guidance on how to do so. I have located the housing and it appears two bolts need to come out to expose the thermostat. My issue is, there is a pipe right in front of a bolt. It appears there is a torx type "bolt" that needs to come out before the pipe can move to expose the required bolt. So, before I go exploring, I thought I'd ask here to see if somebody has done this before or has thoughts. See pics. https://plus.google.com/107092922155442419769/posts/hZEPvBpRT3y
Before going at thremostat, make sure the radiator is clean. Besides liking at it, with it running, hold some paper across the coolers to see if sticks. If it don't, the rad is plugged. As for taking the thremostat, I don't remember anything special about the 3029 engine, just start ripping.
Thank you for the suggestions. I cleaned out both sides of the radiator thinking it was just dirty. Will check the paper suggestion. If not plugged, I will start ripping!