Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chassis Cab Discounts?

TheDig ยท 2018-04-04 11:28

For those of you that have purchased a bare chassis cab truck from a commercial dealership...Are there discounts for them like there is for the residential pickups? Do the dealerships haggle at all on the price or is it more what you see is what you pay? Looking at buying a 2018 GMC 3500 chassis cab with the gas motor. Have never purchased anything on the commercial truck side of the dealership and was wondering how comparable it was. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2018-04-04 14:53

    All sales are negotiable. If you have a GM fleet ID, the price is predetermined, and lower than sticker, but, there are many dealer associated variables that may allow for an even lower price.

  2. #203hdrk2018-04-05 02:58

    Down here, I have heard of extra charges at "closing" because they are considered commercial vehicles. I know that back in the early 2000's, my dealer could sell me a full truck cheaper because the "bed delete" was a special order option. If I wanted a cab and chassis for the narrower width it would have cost me more than a dually.