Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chat Room Open!!

Steve Frazier ยท 2008-03-04 00:37

Our Tech installed a chat room today for everyone's use. There's an icon for it in the list of functions at the top of the page. The room is only open to HEF members and your screen name should appear when you enter. Enjoy!!

Replies23
  1. #1N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-04 13:58

    I'm having trouble with getting into chat? Not sure if anyone else is, or is it my computer?:beatsme

  2. #2Ross2008-03-04 22:39

    Error Error. I have been in the chat but I cannot lay txt on the board? Ross

  3. #3Steve Frazier2008-03-04 23:00

    You'll need a recent version of Java to open the room, you'll get a permission box that pops up. Approve the use of Java, then wait. The room will load and you should be able to get started.

  4. #4Ross2008-03-07 22:59

    Anybody using this feature? Yeah i should have been more patient. Working great now :drinkup Ross

  5. #5cat d92008-04-18 19:49

    chat doesn't seem to work for me today, it has worked in the past but no more.

  6. #6Deere96702008-04-19 00:43

    Me too, I can't get on the chat either! It says not able to connect java somthing? I have the latest download of java, and vista 2007, so all my ubdates are in place. Please Help!

  7. #7cat d92008-04-19 12:03

    Still no worky, says failed to connect or something like that, my short term memory is bad.:beatsme

  8. #8Steve Frazier2008-04-19 17:50

    Unfortunately we wont be able to have any checked until Monday, I'll pass on your reports, Thanks!

  9. #9Colin Doy2008-04-19 22:12

    I was never going to get in......Bill Gates himself couldn't talk me into it.....:beatsme.......I'll write ya'll a letter! :drinkup

  10. #10BrianHay2008-04-19 23:14

    Here is the error I get, hope it helps Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect I used to be able to get in no problem but there was never anyone in there...it would tell me there was 6 or 8 users online but I couldn't see anyone?

  11. #11Lashlander2008-04-19 23:23

    Maybe they saw you comming up the walk and hid in the closet til you left.

  12. #12Deere96702008-04-20 00:58

    thats what i keep getting!

  13. #13digger242j2008-04-20 09:38

    I clicked on it last evening, and it just froze that window up altogether.

  14. #14Steve Frazier2008-04-20 19:59

    Chat should be up and running again, sorry for the downtime.

  15. #15BrianHay2008-05-18 13:40

    It is still not working for me

  16. #16Steve Frazier2008-05-18 14:55

    I'll have our tech look at it tomorrow.

  17. #17joe9012008-05-29 03:47

    joe901 whattup with the chat room ? damn good idea if only it worked. still getting same messages about cant connect or sumtin.

  18. #18Steve Frazier2008-05-29 07:40

    It's on out "to do" list. The population of HEF has exploded recently which has created several other problems that have to be a priority in order to keep the Board running. Once they are straightened out we can focus on the chat room. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  19. #19Steve Frazier2008-06-10 22:13

    The Chat Room is back on line. Sorry for the inconvenience!

  20. #20Ross2008-06-10 23:41

    Well Iam in there now. 21:41 MST Ross

  21. #21Buddy2020-03-07 07:47

    Hello

  22. #22ol' Grump2020-03-07 07:47

    Does this still work?

  23. #23ol' Grump2020-03-07 07:56

    Find it yet?