Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cheap lazer

southernman13 · 2026-05-02 07:46

I know I saw it somewhere on here a discussion about using a receiver w magnet to stick to dozer blade to do some grading with. This is for building some pads w a slight slope. I saw a top con sytem kit for about 1900. Can I just add a magnet to the receiver some how. Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1AMBMike2026-05-02 20:31

    Many offer a magnetic mount receiver as an option if you're buying a kit. Search "magnet mount laser receiver" in your browser if you want to buy a receiver only. You can pick up good used ones on eBay or other online sites for half price of new occasionally.

  2. #2bam19682026-05-02 22:04

    I think Spectra Precision has a fairly cheap magnetic receiver. I have one that has a pretty strong magnet. It has a lever to release the magnet but for the life of me I can't remember what brand it is. IIRC I paid @ $700 for it.

  3. #3southernman132026-05-03 00:23

    That’s what I’m a lookin for thanks

  4. #4Mcrafty12026-05-03 05:43

    I have one of these, You may need to copy/paste this into your browser...... https://www.amazon.com/Topcon-Machi...sc=1&msclkid=030911e6d78b105eb1577811cfd3e7f4

  5. #5southernman132026-05-03 07:37

    How do u like it it only has one review ants it’s a 1 lol thanks. What laser r u using

  6. #6Tinkerer2026-05-03 12:19
  7. #7Mcrafty12026-05-03 13:23

    If you are asking me, I like it, I've used it with both David White and now have Johnson. I've had it for 3 or 4 years now. Just be mindful and don't leave it sit too long with the batteries in it, if they bleed it'll ruin it in a hurry. I learned from my BIL that had that happen to him.

  8. #8southernman132026-05-04 08:01

    Yes sir was asking you. Thank you.

  9. #9southernman132026-05-04 08:02

    Thank you. Perfect! That dude annoys me hehe. Sometimes he has a good thought tho !