I have a 580 "B" tractor with the CK backhoe attachment, made in 1973. I rarely use the machine. The $100 hoses around here are killing me. Would anyone know where I could buy these hoses online? The ends on the hoses would not hurt either? I know they are a male to female. I am currently going to replace the two dipper hoses that go from the bulkhead to the dipper.
Leon - I have a '68 580B as well. I have had trouble finding the hoses online at a reasonable price. I use a local parker / aeroquip distributor to make the hoses for me. I also get my fittings through them. Take a look and see if you have a local distributor.
I found some good hoses at Tractor Supply. It is a national chain. They were less expensive then anywhere else I. Priced
tractor supply i alsoi bought several hoses for my 1965 international t340 at tractor supply...premade and work great. it was stupid cheap to. i think i paid 10 bucks for a 2 foot hose....they had all sizes and lengths from a foot to 6 feet. all kinds of adapters and couplings too.
What part of PA are you in? If near Pittsburgh, Cypher Hose is a good place if you can get to the store. You can also try Discount Hydraulic Hose on the internet, they are based in Philly and have a excellent selection of fittings / adaptors and will make hoses.
I buy my hose and fittings from "Discount Hydraulic Hose" and swedge my own. Not that difficult or expensive to do if you have a hydraulic press....then you just need the bowl, pusher, spacers and collets for the size you need. Watch those Chinese fittings through....couple three 90 degree items together and you no longer have right angles. Have not had leakage problems.
Of course people will say anything but, someone told me they had a local guy with a service truck come out and make hoses for them. They said what made it worthwhile was to replace several hoses at the same time and it brought the cost down. So, they keep track of the worst few hoses and when one goes they do the others too. I know I'll snag the one on top of the boom sooner or later, a spare would be good to have.