Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Check this thing out – Poclain excavator

Andy1845c ยท 2020-01-11 22:50

Window shopping for a mini ex I came across this https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/hvo/d/prior-lake-excavator/7053117706.html Looks to be one of these https://www.earthmoversmagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/TY45-03-1024x651.jpg Whole bunch of pics here too: http://autocart.biz/poclain-ty/ Anyone ever seen one or run one in real life? That control "yoke" looks interesting. Looks awkward and easy to get stuck.

Replies12
  1. #1Tones2020-01-11 23:56

    They were a terrible POS. The one I had a go at was the same as the 1st pic .TYS is the model. couldn't dig, couldn't lift a full bucket and could only do 12mph on the road.

  2. #2Hank R2020-01-12 07:38

    Never knew any thing like that was built. First for me.

  3. #3Andy1845c2020-01-12 10:35

    Tones - Are you in Europe? From the little bit of googling I did it looks like most of these are over there.

  4. #4Tones2020-01-12 17:49

    Andy, I was in Christchurch, New Zealand at the time. It used to take about 20 min to load a 5yd truck.

  5. #5petepilot2020-01-12 19:32

    Washington gaslight had some either indentical or very similar that they plugged up streets with late 60s early 70s

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-01-12 20:55

    That looks like a diggin son of gun, where's the thumb?

  7. #7Tones2020-01-13 16:15

    Gees, you wouldn't want a thumb, they could barely lift an empty bucket

  8. #8mitch5042020-01-14 09:19

    Wow, I hope somebody grabs that thing up for a museum piece, it looks like a rare POS!

  9. #9Tones2020-01-14 18:36

    It would be more useful as paperclips

  10. #10mitch5042020-01-14 18:47

    Now Tones! It is very important for the younger generations to see how much harder their elders had it!

  11. #11Tones2020-01-14 20:48

    Mitch, a Mexican side loader was faster and harder but not as frustrating

  12. #12Andy1845c2020-01-15 22:08

    Honestly from the little bit of googling I did to see what the heck it even was it seems like it is sort of a rare find here in the states. Personally I think I am going to pass on it.