Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Checking a Used Eaton Fuller 13 Speed to Buy

jlittle2212 ยท 2015-10-13 20:35

Looking to buy a Eaton transmission. What has got me, when you put it the transmission in gear, the output shaft will still spin freely like its in neutral. Is this just due to the back half not having air pressure put to it??? Thanks guys..

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-13 21:41

    Been a *long* time, but as I recall one function is spring return, the other is air both ways, maybe hung up in between, but I wouldn't buy it until I knew for sure.

  2. #2jlittle22122015-10-13 21:50

    I forgot to mention its an 18 speed.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-14 02:08

    Well, considering you specifically said Eaton Fuller 13 speed in your original post, I'm a bit taken aback.... I believe the same thing applies though I am not familiar with servicing the 18 speed. I have driven one a time or two, in a former life.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2015-10-14 10:50

    It takes very little air to run these things, might as well bring along a small tank or something and try again.

  5. #5GregsHD2015-10-14 12:37

    I would also drain oil to check for metal/debris and pull the top cover off to take a look see before purchasing a used trans.