Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cheng Gong Equipment; Nasty Email I recieved about them

Bellboy ยท 2009-01-07 01:18

It was yesterday that I was at home, when a Cat 428B TLB stopped across the road, right in front of my house (lucky me). The TLB was accompanied by a Mitsubishi Pick Up truck and either the owner or the resident service technician, The TLB had a problem with the right hand side steering arm, and in order to be fixed, a bobbejaan spanner was needed, I think that the English equivalent is a Monkey Wrench, but I'm not sure. Anyway, my brother went back to our house to fetch one, and this is when it got weird. When he was gone, finding the tool, a grader happened to come past the TLB and all his problems. It was none other than a Cheng Gong, which I had never heard of, or seen. When the TLB had been repaired and was on his way again, I took the grader sighting as an inconceivable stroke of luck, I decided to investigate. So I googled "Cheng Gong" and came across a website for Cheng Gong USA. Having an idea of the model grader I saw, I clicked on the product link. Nothing. Until I scrolled down. "Please Note that only registered users of this site may view product information. Please log in or register." So I registered my name, email, and completed the security code. I had a look at the grader, and a few other products, and then logged off the internet, and checked my email. "Hello Dehan van Veenendaal, Thank you for registering at USA Chenggong. You may now login to http://www.usachenggong.com using the username and password you registered with." I knew that it was just confirmation of the account, and what not. Then later that day, this came in: (unedited) "Cheng Gong are Chinese Liars and Cheats and we in the process of serving them with a milti-million dollar claim against them.... So if your smart enough to see what mess we are in...you will stay away from Cheng Gong Loaders.. If you still want to pursue this ...good luck ... Dan Burda Owner" With the heading,"Cheng Gong Loaders are Crap" I was mortified that someone could be so blunt, least of the "owner". Please tell me what's cooking, as I am worried about this and what not. Thank you guys in advance.

Replies19
  1. #1activeorpassive2009-01-07 01:42

    Well, I'd agree with the heading of Mr. Burda's email if their products are of the same quality as their Web site. And I'm sure Cat would love to see up-close that belt line design they're using.

  2. #2landrvrnut222009-01-07 08:40

    I would be more worried that someone, somehow, got your email from registering on a corporate site, and sent the second note.

  3. #3Bellboy2009-01-07 09:06

    What can you do about that, coz that is one of my major concerns?

  4. #4digger242j2009-01-07 09:07

    Google Mr. Burda's name, and you'll find another business he's assoicated with, at a postal address very similar to that of Cheng Gong USA. It sounds to me as if he's the US dealer for the line, and he's in a dispute with the Chinese parent company. :beatsme

  5. #5Speedpup2009-01-07 09:26

    buy crap you get crap but I bet it was CHEAP!:shf:falldownlaugh

  6. #6Bellboy2009-01-07 10:35

    I didn't buy anything, and I don't intend to any time soon. It was just a matter of interest to see some product info.

  7. #7Speedpup2009-01-07 13:51

    just saying I can't imagine anyone buying something like that from China as they can't make a decent shovel yet. I avoid their stuff at all cost. Not because of the Chinese people but their communist gov. and growing military power.:drinkup

  8. #8Bellboy2009-01-07 14:33

    Okay, woah, don't get into politics on this thread please. I asked my dad, and he seems to believe that the website could have been hijacked, what do you think?

  9. #9gmads012009-01-07 18:32

    This is purely speculation on my part, and I don't know if this is the same guy. It seems like there was an individual on E-bay selling Chinese loaders a few months back - there may have been some discussion on this forum about it. I noticed recently that the machines were still listed on E-bay, however the price was lower and the seller specified they were for export only. I'm curious if someone gambled on becoming a US distributor and then found out the machines weren't EPA compliant or somesuch. Just wondering:beatsme.

  10. #10activeorpassive2009-01-07 23:53

    Dan Burda, the man sending the email (I received a similar one) is listed as the owner of Global CG Group and Shredder Hotline. These same businesses are listed on the USA Cheng Gong Web site. The address for USA Cheng Gong is the same address listed for Dan Burda on the Zoom Info business listing site. So it appears that Mr. Burda has access to emails for anyone that registers on his site. I'm going with digger242j on this one. Sounds like someone made a substantial investment in a Chinese company and received the short end.

  11. #11hitch2009-01-08 07:32

    I agree with activeorpassive's opinion, that is how the email came. About Chenggong, I see a lot of China manufactures are rushing to come into the American market without a fully investigation and preparation. These companies may have a good performance in the certain countries of Africa and Mid-East area(in terms of the sales volume), but that does not mean they have the ability to compete with Cat, Volvo, John Deere, Komatsu and others, only if they can improve their quality, dealership, service availability step by step. The customers or end users will determine which company' equipment will stand on the stage for long.

  12. #12SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 15:43

    I am dan burda i own global recycling equipment we have been building our shredders in china for the last 20 years and dealing with china has good and bad to it once you figure out how to get quality its good but you have to build to your blueprints and the issue with cheng gong is as follows we signed an exclusive deal in 2006 to be the exclusive import agent and selling agent for the cheng gong product line for the 26 midwest and northeast states and the entire canadian continent... We fulfilled our obligations first we had to buy three units we bought one for canada and put it to the test we had to find out what **** they made ... The result was good.. We then bought two more for our ny office and our chicago office spent 2 million for a facility in ny spend 1 million for a facility in chicago we were required to use the cheng gong shipping group when the units arrived in ny they were full of water damaged beyond repair they shipped without insurance they shipped without any basic preparation and when we asked cheng gong to give us the data on the wiring assemblies for the equipment we received no data we received no support they basically had nothing for us to go with and when i yelled a them to start acting like cat they terminated my agreement.... Which in legal terms is an unlawful termination because we fulfilled all of our legal obligations so the story continues why do we have a usachenggong.com site because we were the legal exclusive import agent for the line as outlined above had legal authority to promote the line ....on and on and on and on so where are we today telling cheng gong china that anyone who wants to import and sell cheng gong brand in canada and our usa territory....that we are going to sue cheng gong when they put their foot on american soil or canadian soil... It will be a billion dollar litigation but guess what....cheng gong knows that and that is why they will not set foot in canada and usa with an asset and until they have assets here in canada or usa we will have to wait are they good not as good as they should be they are weak in mid pivot section we told them about this and they said it will be corrected our other friends who deal with cheng gong for the west usa are just pulling their hair out changes that are made on the line of cheng gong are not tracked in china and when you get a machine good luck getting a parts list let alone a price list so what shall i say... Dan burda and his global group spent millions getting ready to market cheng gong machines and we got ...f.....ed... So if anyone wants to know about cheng gong ...tell the chinese that they still have a major issue to resolve with dan burda and his global group if they would listen and do what is needed they could be a real strong force right now they are silly chinese ripping off everyone [email protected] global-recycling-equipment.com and of course usachenggong.com drop us a line we have lot to talk about but for now we will wait until they pay me 1 billion for my efforts and lost value

  13. #13SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 15:51

    This is dan burda and i am blunt you want to know about cheng gong they are not to be trusted and if they want to act like cat and honor their legal agreements we are more than willing to direct them the right way but if they want to act like chinese and treat everyone like trash....good luck china...what comes around goes around... You were mortified about me being blunt what do you want me to tell you....lies or truths we tell blunt truths dan burda [email protected]

  14. #14SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 15:55

    Cheng gong and shredderhotline.com and dan burda and why they are junk Well there is eventually no stopping china but if they want to play in the sandbox with cat they have to act like cat and they are not doing that at all candy coated pill its still a pill and their pill is hard to swallow dan burda [email protected]

  15. #15SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 16:00

    The cheng gong site was setup to register to track sales and clients it is held by global recycling equipment and not once have we taken that data and solicited beyond the direct e mail from others cheng gong is junk and they have to settle with our group before they can even try to be a cat they are backed by the chinese government big time they are also backed by others but for now we have made clear our issues of contract with their group and the fact that we will some day get to collect from their bank that is why they are not on us soil they fear and know that they will be sued by anyone who has their machines let alone the dealers and import groups we are the exclusive import group for the midwest usa and ne usa and canada and that is a territory that is very very valuable time that they buy back my license ...fee for that is 1 billion simple and easy cheng gong will have to settle with our group some day dan burda [email protected]

  16. #16SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 16:03

    Well maybe you should work with me to talk to congress about how china is wanting to take over the world but regardless of that they owe our group they will some day have to pay and we will just have to wait to receive that payment litigation is the only way and this will be one dandy lawsuit and i even welcome cat to come along for the ride it may help them right now i will just wait and do this myself dan burda [email protected]

  17. #17SHREDDERHOTLINE2011-04-06 16:05

    We do not advertize cheng gong only our website usachenggong.com its for a reason and now its for a better reason to let everyone know that cheng gong loaders are crap and that its a big big gamble we know who they are what they do and how they treat clients and dealers and agents like sh...t dan burda [email protected]

  18. #18willie592011-04-06 19:22

    Ok Mr Burda, respectfully, I think you provided enough information to state your case on this forum. But please, let's leave it at this. It's not our desire for the forum to be used to air or carry forth private legal disputes. I understand it was your name that was originally called into question, but at present, I think you've done a fair job of defending your name.

  19. #19alco2011-04-06 20:03

    Well said Atco.