Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chevy c7500 help.

Zachary Cullen ยท 2023-07-12 13:21

Hi guys, I have a 2004 checy c 7500 with air brakes. I am currently Trying to get my trailer plug wired correctly. Currently there is no 12v positive wire to the plug to power my trailer break away system for charging. For some reason the tail lights are wired to separate pins whi h is not necessary for the trailer. Everything works, but the break away battery eventually dies and the break away won't work. Is there a wire tucked away somewhere on the truck I can use or will I need to run a wire to the back and if so where should I get power from. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1walkerv2023-07-12 14:04

    Rv style plug and socket has provisions for 12 volt power , just may need to run a fused wire to it is all .

  2. #2heymccall2023-07-12 14:17

    Tilt hood, pass side, either stud at front of fuse panel, be sure to use a 30 amp fuse inline and 12 gauge wire.