Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ox Bodies tailgate air cylinder

Greasyfitting ยท 2023-07-12 12:32

Happy Wednesday everyone, I got a ox Bodies dump bed I'm working on the tailgate latches would not open up. I'm checking the harness going back to the control panel in cab , and I was wanting to know if there were any fuses , or relays for that air cylinder.

Replies4
  1. #1Keith Merrell2023-07-12 16:13

    Might be an air solenoid valve on the frame, mine was giving me the same trouble. Flipping the switch in the cab and you get nothing, went back to the solenoid valve and tapped with hammer, opened right up. Just make sure if you are tapping on that valve, that you will not be in harms way if the high lift gate comes up all of a sudden or the tailgate pops open with a load in the bed...

  2. #2Greasyfitting2023-07-12 18:34

    I got that fixed was losing marbles looking for a broken wire somewhere but it turned out a positive cable on the battery was snapped off. Bam started actuating again on another note the PTO, and bed vibrator doesn't work anymore. we were messing with the wiring in the control box and a loose wire sparked then the PTO quit working. Now I'm hunting for a relay or a fuse somewhere on the truck it's a 2017 mack GU713 with a Allison.

  3. #3Keith Merrell2023-07-12 19:23

    Thats how it goes, carry on...

  4. #4Greasyfitting2023-07-14 16:09

    Got it fixed cleaned the filthy battery terminals put a new inline circuit breaker on. Had the driver run controls runs smooth like butter.