Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chevy Pickup Cab Mount

Steve Frazier · 2018-03-10 14:33

I'm making rust repairs to a 2000 K2500HD at work and am looking for a replacement cab mount, the portion on the frame that supports the cab. Below is a pic of the passenger side, the bracket supports both the cab and pickup body. It's welded to the frame but we've cut it off. We can fabricate a new one but it would be much easier just to weld on a replacement. The trouble is I'm not able to find one available in the aftermarket. I'm wondering if any of you southern guys know of a salvage yard down there in the rust free area that would be willing to cut the section of frame this support is on and ship? I could cut the piece from the fram when it arrives and weld it to our truck. I'm actually looking for both sides. The ones we have are actually much worse than they appear in the pic. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1ScottAR2018-03-10 19:24

    http://americanpickupsalvage.com/ He's kinda high on some stuff but a straight shooter. http://www.universalautosalesandsalvage.com/ Where I usually go. not sure about shipping. His main game is geo trackers but he has a lot of late model domestic stuff too. HTH

  2. #2f311fr12018-03-12 22:33

    LMC Truck?

  3. #3Steve Frazier2018-03-13 00:14

    Tried them, thanks. No luck

  4. #4repowerguy2018-03-13 04:56

    Try Reno’s auto salvage in Hillsboro Ohio.