Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chicago Pheumatic CP72H 3/4 impact

Seabass ยท 2015-09-30 22:33

I was looking a CP 772h 3/4 impact wrench in the store the other day. wondering if anyone has anything to saw about them, pros or cons or any experience with them, thanks

Replies2
  1. #1willie592015-09-30 22:50

    I purchase only CP air tools. I've worn out and/or broken several other brand 1/2" drive impacts until I ran across the CP 749. I have several of them and they last longer than any 1/2" drive I've had. I've also use the 772H when I was working in former shops, it's a good tool, and I was about to purchase one for my service truck when I spotted the CP 7769 and purchased one. I have to say I really like the 7769. It's lighter since it's a composite gun. It's also shorter than the 772H, gets in tighter spots. And it has greater reverse breakout at 1400 ft/lbs whereas the 772H is 1000 ft/lb breakout in reverse. But I really like the "lighter" part, it's much more friendly to muscle around than the 772H.

  2. #2Greatwestcam2015-10-01 22:02

    I have a cp772H that is 12 years old and still working great, have used it mostly for engine work, head bolts, main bearings and when ever the 1/2" drive couldn't do it, so has been used steady over the years. bought it for $275 new back then from Acklands on sale. The composite guns are stronger for sure and feel more user friendly but in our shop they seem to be short lived for some reason (shop owned tool so gets abused most likely ). Been happy with this purchase.