Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chicago Pneumatic

TVA · 2021-08-05 17:38

Does anyone have parts manual for Chicago Pneumatics CPS185 diesel screw air compressor, mine is 1989 vintage, pre Atlas Copco, Isuzu engine, made in Japan? Or any size of compressor that vintage. And also suggestion who might still have parts for it. Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2021-08-05 22:04

    You and I seem to be collecting more and more orphans all the time. Sorry I can't help because I haven't seen a CP compressor for about 30 years now. It's kind of like Ingersoll Rand and Gardner Denver.

  2. #2TVA2021-08-06 21:14

    I was able to trace it down to Airman brand ( don’t remember what Japanese corporation makes these at the moment ). Had to Shuffle through whole bunch of their parts manuals, but looks like closest model is PDS175-411. This is very well build machine, has all the components in it of quality piece of engineering, like Minimum Pressure valve, oil stop valve, check valve in the scavenge line and so on. Which you don’t see in contemporary portable compressors ( besides probably Sullivan-Palatin, and I have not worked on Sullair units - so I can’t say) Engine and air end is still pretty much kicking “soft tissues” but control parts pretty much wore out and needs to be replaced. This machine build whole lot better then Atlas Copco XAS units that CP sells under its name now days! Those are absolute cheap junk made in Europe!!! Same customer has ex military GD, that one build like a tank, really good design on cooler locations, looks like it was hit by the train, but still runs. Although needs a little love though!

  3. #3Tugger22021-08-07 22:06

    Heres a relic from my yard . An old CP compressor i use at the shop. Bought it many years ago for 800.00 and it just keeps making air. Has a Ford diesel that always starts on a couple of cranks

  4. #4djordje12021-08-08 02:19

    Try here for parts manual https://d10ef693-be01-47eb-b2c7-1e5...ef1380265d463cb76f7da122a4fe38.pdf?index=true If don't work I can send you via email

  5. #5TVA2021-08-09 21:49

    Thank you sir!!! I already got it!

  6. #6TVA2021-08-09 21:53

    Nice vintage compressor in very good condition!!!