Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chinese excavators for agricultural use

trombeur · 2026-08-02 03:21

Chinese excavators for agricultural use I happened to visit a dealer of agricultural machinery and excavators. He had some Chinese excavators. I don't remember the brand and model, I think they had Kubota engines. An acquaintance of mine was looking for a 4-5 ton one for the countryside, to use as a farmer's mule. I'm attaching a photo. What do you think? Thanks.Rippa??

Replies4
  1. #1DDoug2026-08-02 06:54

    That doesn't look like the 4-5 ton model, look more like the 1.2-1.5 ton models that have flooded the market here. Advice: Make sure you try before you buy, digging real dirt, loading a wagon as well. 1. controls, how do you like them ? smooth, co-ordinated ? 2. how deep will it dig ? 3. How high will it go to load over the side of a wagon ? 4. How stable is it (track width problem here)

  2. #2Mike_272026-08-02 23:40

    you forgot 5. can you get parts?

  3. #3DDoug2026-08-03 10:42

    Who needs parts ? Do you repair a BIC lighter ?

  4. #4HarleyHappy2026-08-03 11:44

    While I can see the occasional benefit of having a mini -ex on a farm, there is a lot of better equipment that would replace a mule. Backhoe would be at the top, along with a skid steer. Guess it would all depend on what he’s doing with it.