Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chinese heavy equipment quality

Amit Eini ยท 2019-10-15 05:54

I am trying to check Chinese heavy equipment, can't figure out about quality, anybody have any experience with china made excavator

Replies19
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-10-15 09:05

    I don't know how it is near you, The quality around here is very spotty. I would consider if you want Eastern E quipment stick with the Japanese and the Koreans. You rarely hear horror stories about Komatsu daewoo Volvo Hitachi and Samsung That said, I have heard good things about SDLG.

  2. #2Amit Eini2019-10-15 10:34

    Any experience with CAT made in China

  3. #3John C.2019-10-15 12:03

    I have a funny story about that. Cat does bring machines made in China into the United States and a few years ago there was a crew from China traveling in this country looking to buy used equipment. I was working at the local Cat dealer then and showed some machines in the used equipment yard to them. They liked all they saw until they checked serial numbers and found those were China made machines. They suddenly lost all interest and left.

  4. #4Amit Eini2019-10-15 12:37

    Is that mean that Cat made in China is the same as Cat made in USA

  5. #5John C.2019-10-15 17:56

    It is the same but the Chinese don't think much of the stuff built there. The don't want it back there.

  6. #6check2019-10-15 20:48

    We were discussing the quality of Chinese products the other day. HeavyEquipmentForums

  7. #7Amit Eini2019-10-16 03:19

    anyone have experience with SDLG

  8. #8Vetech632019-10-16 07:40

    I cant even put a China-made part on my mower and get it to live long.

  9. #9CatKC2019-10-16 08:17

    Try buying a China-made 'dehumidifier' and see how long it lasts. If you get ONE YEAR out of it you will be lucky. I have gone thru -FIVE- in four years and two more that were DOA. I can't find an America made one. The BIGGEST problem- you can get your money back for the defective dehumidifier but YOU have to get rid of it yourself, which can be costly in some locations. I heard refrigerators made in China have the same problem, they quickly wear out.

  10. #10DMiller2019-10-16 08:41

    Compressors have no longevity, are the basis for both dehumidifiers(Basically fresh water condensers) and refrigerators. Full of a refrigerant and oil.

  11. #11DMiller2019-10-16 08:42

    What ever happened to the Dressta purchase by Chinese company? They ever develop new machines?

  12. #12CatKC2019-10-17 08:12

    I don't know but I got rid of my American made one that I had for 15 or more years and still worked great. It had limited controls so I had it on a timer to turn on/off. I thought I'd get a bigger and 'better one' with an electronic thermostat and better controls. Boy am I sorry now after going thru so many Chinese made ones. Since then I have read all the 'consumer complaints' and similar experiences. I'm just happy that my 23 year old Ground Source Heat Pump compressor was not made in China, -that- would be a costly replacement. (Hope you are enjoying 'happy week' in Hermann)

  13. #13DMiller2019-10-17 12:57

    Come OCT I stay the hell OUT of Hermann, Octoberfest is in full swing and I have little patience for touristas'!!

  14. #14ashfaq2019-10-19 16:51

    I have a very bad experience with volvo ew 160 b excavator. Problem with TECU and am unable to find a used or re refurbished unit as new is dam expensive. The machine has lots of error codes. I imported this machine used from Netherlands about two years from now but ever since it has been headache for me .

  15. #15chroniekon2019-10-19 19:10

    I keep a dehumidifier in my motorhome. It's made by Danby in Canada

  16. #16Plebeian2019-10-21 06:46

    There are a few Sany excavators about. I have not looked at them recently. The sany has some design features on the medium sized excavators that are even better than the big brands. The paint was low quality probably to help bring the overall cost of the machine down. I have heard of remote projects using sany, buy a new sany use it for the project/s duration and then sell it and not incur the transport cost of returning the machine to a home base or transporting the now used machine to another project.(like would be required for a higher initial investment big brand machine) Sany are spending building R & D centres in places like Germany. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sany Were xcmg the cat partners in china? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCMG The small sunward excavators appear to be quite good for the small light work, where it does not matter so much what brand you use. I do not know about the larger machines. http://en.sunward.com.cn/

  17. #17Trailhawk7502019-11-19 17:43

    I have quite a bit of experience on the XCMG stuff in the US. They hold up pretty well in various environments across North America. Guys up in Canada running them for forestry love them. The older excavators (pre-2018) were somewhat lacking in power, but the new T4F ones are pretty strong. "Gold-bricked shithouse" as one guy I was talking to so eloquently put it (New Yorkers for ya..). Your standard Chinese kitbash; Cummins engines, Kawasaki pumps, main valves, and drives.

  18. #18check2019-11-19 18:50

    XCMG salesman? 2 posts.

  19. #19Trailhawk7502019-11-19 18:53

    Hardly, not a fan of sales. Careers been on shop floor. OEM technical support for them. Just providing accurate information and sharing photos, if this is not allowed let me know please. I see/hear the good, bad, and ugly on these in the US and Canada. This is a personal account for me, nothing to do with that company.