Greetings - I am buying a used bucket cylinder for my JD 490D from the above company, and paying them to put a kit in it and ship it to me... If anyone has had performance problems with this company, please send me a Private Message highlighting your experience - I'd appreciate it (or a straight-up reply if they're good). (Always a little disconcerting giving a heretofore unknown person your credit card number in exchange for a promise to deliver on something!) Thanks, Mark
If this is the one at Holcombe, WI, I bought a log skidder from him 6 or 7 years ago and had no issue dealing with them. They took my old machine in trade that they offered me a fair price, sight unseen, based on my word, and we made a very fair deal. They delivered the new(to me) one and picked my trade up. He called me a day later and thanked me for sending a machine that matched the description. I would readily deal with him again. My nephew who grew up in Holcombe went to work for him a couple years later,until he went into business for himself, and he speaks well of him. Hope all goes as well for you. That being said, I have no clue if the business has changed hands since, but I have not heard that it has. Good luck.
Thanks Old Iron Habit - (my place is just SW of Moose Lake about 80 miles!) And, thanks for the detailed reply; yes, Holcombe... ~ Mark
We bought a 1997 Link Belt 2650 from them almost exactly a year ago. Nothing but good things to say!