Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chisel to remove stripped plug

inyati13 ยท 2010-09-28 17:36

To those who recommended a chisel, let me say, "Thanks". To the rest, let me say, "Thanks". I know there is always more than one way to skin a cat, but the chisel made it seem so easy. After a couple hits using a ball peen hammer against the plug and hittting it with a larger hammer. I used a chisel against the edge to back the plug out. The pic says it all. Take a look!

Replies3
  1. #1inyati132010-09-28 17:55

    Here is the pic Picture attached

  2. #2my69coronetrt2011-01-24 21:01

    i do the same thing with broken off bolts if i can get a bite on em

  3. #3D6c10K2011-01-25 09:29

    The final drive check plugs on my D6 had the square rounded out and have chisel marks all around where someone used that method the check the oil. I just used my little wire welder to build up the edges of the square hole so a tool won't slip anymore.