Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark 301p trans help

Eric7722 · 2024-11-22 22:09

Location PA Greetings. I’m hoping someone can help me with some information. I’m bringing a Clark 301p ( Austin Western 301 pacer) back to life. It was sitting in a field for years. Got the engine running and hydraulics functional. I can’t get it to move in either direction. I drained the transmission and found no water or other contaminants. Cleaned the screen that had only trace debris on it. Replaced the fluid and filter. I cut the old filter open to inspect and I was surprised how clean that was also. I think I have narrowed it down to the declutch valve not operating correctly. When I started on the transmission issue I noticed the left brake pedal was depressed fully and seized in that position. After some work I was able to free it and the plunger underneath it. I cannot find any information on this valve. When it is depressed does it allow hydraulic pressure to pass through and move a spool in the transmission to allow pump pressure to go to the reservoir or does it close preventing hydraulic pressure from going through the transmission and directly to the reservoir? I feel that I’m very close to the answer but just can’t grab it. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any information on pressure testing would be great also. I found a book called “Hydratork pressure test manual “ and hope this will help. It looks like the charge pump has been replaced. The left and right main pumps are kinda rusty and the paint has long since gone but the charge pump looks cleaner and hast paint still on it. I don’t know for sure. Thank you

Replies1
  1. #1bigrus2024-12-27 19:18

    Good luck with it