Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark c500 Steering axle

210craig ยท 2014-10-02 08:38

82 clark c500-30 I pulled the steering axle this week and boy is it a mess. Bad ball joints. steering cylinder. On the spider steering axle the parts book shows like 8 parts mine has none of them. I thought it strange that the spider just sat on the shaft nothing holding it. Inside the spider it looks like it had some type of long ping bearing or maybe a top and bottom bearing. Again the book is not clear. On mine the bottom bearing looks OK the top bearing was completely shredded. I'm just trying to figure out if mine is different from the book or if all these are really missing? Plus looking for some guidance on the these pin bearings in the spider.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-02 12:10

    All of them I ever saw had a snap ring, some washers and shims to take up the end play. Not uncommon to see one like that though, every time you turn the wheel back and forth the spider tries to climb off the shaft.