I recently purchased a grove amz 40. It seems to be in good condition and I would like to keep it that way. I am trying to locate owners and parts manuals for proper maintance and operation but cannot find anything. Any guidance for buying these items or commonly replaced parts would be helpful. Even answers to simple questions about proper fluids and maintance schedule would be great. Thanks Bii
Grove is no longer in the man lift business and does not support them in any way and their manuals were never put on line. Minn Par bought the rights to sell parts so you can contact them or check e-bay periodically to see if there is something there.
Nothing will increase their usable life more than keeping it inside. I work on quite a few of them and the most common problems can be directly attributed to weather related damage. I just worked on a JLG this week that cost the owner over $2000.00 just because the basket controls were not protected from the sun and rain. When you look at one to purchase do a general look over and see how well it was maintained. Also look at the electrical panels and see if there are any previous repairs that were done with jumper wires and splices, this will tell you how likely "you" are to have problems troubleshooting it in the future. Also look at the hydraulic hoses for cracks and leaks and proper routing as well as general condition of the hydraulic system.
Thanks Bill, I did that and it looks good. Where do you get parts from? Could you tell me what kind of hydrolic fluid it takes. It's close to being low. Currently the fluid is red like an automatic transmission fluid, but would a hydro trans fluid work? Without a book don't know what weight to put in. Also I believe there are probably wear bars on telescope of boom, but unsure of location or how to check to see if they need replacement. All help is appreciated thanks again, Bill Z
I have a Grove AMZ40b that is causing problems. I very much like the machine. I am currently frustrated by an issue where it will not crank. I turn the key, but nothing. The lights on the control boards do not light up or anything. I have checked and do have 12 volts at the switch and leaving the switch in the crank position, but nothing. Does anybody know if this is a simple mechanical circuit , or if it runs through the control board? Any help is greatly appreciated! I just ordered almost $300 worth of digital manuals, schematics, and parts lists, so hopefully I can get this baby going again soon! Thanks in advance! Mike
Mike first thing I would check is grounds. Can you tell me where you ordered your manuals from and if they were any good. I have heard some of groves manuals were not very useful
Mike i have access to parts manuals online, but the information is very messy, it takes quite find what is required, if you need parts number i can help you.
Any chance you'r materials cover the AMZ40E? Mine's all electric. Burned out controllers. Also need full set of batteries and the ones in it are too small. Could really use some parts diagrams and part numbers and schematics etc. Really disappointing to find after buying this machine how limited and expensive parts are. But I shouldn't complain, the machine is almost pristine. Troy
AMZ40E would love to get part numbers of both controllers and perhaps recommended battery size. Any input much appreciated. Also maybe a recommendation on a good place to rebuild the old ones? Troy
If not starting off of the switch, bypass and connect a jumper on the starter directly.
Hi, do you have service manual for AMZ 40?