Ladies and Gents, I am looking for a manual (operators/maintenance/user - or along those lines) for an early 60's Clark CY40-B. In the Clark manual page ( https://www.clarkmhc.com/OperatorManual ) I can find CYF40 but not plain CY40. Is that approximately the same when it comes to fluids and procedures and such? Don't need perfect just a good starting point (machine is not here yet so I want to read up).
Contact Nash Forklift Supply down in Nicholasville, KY with your need. They have a website. Someone there will help you. The CY40-B has powershift, CYF40-B is a manual trans with a clutch.
Website is nashlift.com
I appreciate the help. Probably too late to contact now but either Monday or Wednesday next week will have to do. So strange that I can't find the manual in the Clark manual library. I can see a CY40B manual on there but when I look at the diagrams and such the machines they show don't that those two long sticks coming up on the drivers right side (through the floor on my machine but in the manual shown those two sticks seem to come out more forward and out of the front console area).
CY40-B is a 4,000 # capacity Clark gas, pneumatic tires, with a Hydrostatic transmission. CYF40-B is a 4000# capacity Clark gas, pneumatic tires, with a clutch and manual transmission. Trick is the F, it is Clarkese for Friction Clutch. Your confusion is: Two long "sticks" coming out of the floorboard is your F/R and H/L transmission levers. The "those two sticks seem to come out more forward and out of the front console area" are the hydraulic Lift and Tilt control levers. Per that description, you have a CFY40-B on the way to you. (Believe your SN off the data plate would read that way... Means Clark, friction clutch, yard,(pneumatic), 4000# capacity at 24" load center on forks. Gas power ??, would have an LP in it if left factory on LPG. Get the truck home, get the full SN off the data plate and confirm it from it being cut into the right side of frame in 1 inch letters/number ,say 6 inches down from top edge of frame and close behind the right drive wheel cutout. Then contact Nash for info/needs/etc. Luck...
Sorry what I mean is I have sticks out of the floor and none coming out of the dash. Data plate pic I received said CY40-B. I do believe you're right that this has hydrostatic transmission. My normal protocol on new equipment is all fresh fluids and filters. Hopefully nash can get that stuff out to me - thank you. EDIT: yes it is LPG gas
If you have 2 sticks coming up thru the floorboar d, then you will have a clutch pedal. If it is powershift/hydrostatic, you will have a nice chrome F/R lever on the left side of the steering column. Edit/correction... Depending on actually what it is, could also have the Lift/Tilt chrome lever on the right side of the steering column.
F163 Continental engine. Use straight 30 W engine oil. NAPA can match your engine oil and transmission filters and probably can index from their lists. Use Dexron or Dexron II in transmission.
Yes you’ll be fine with that manual. Lift trucks back then were pretty low tech by today’s standards and you could probably use an operators manual for a competing brand and still be ok. You’ve got yourself an ancient forklift, bud. If you need parts you can find sources for just about any forklift service or parts manual here https://store.intellaliftparts.com/c/trouble-shooting-forklift-issues.html .