I need help getting info on the steps needed to Replace the injector pump on my JCB 505-22 Telehandler (AA 561346) with a 4cyl Perkins AA50261 U518174T ser. #518174S 76hp (some info says 4.4/1004-4 non-turbo). It looks like I may need to pull the engine out??? To unbolt the drive gear...or does it come out with the pump? Anyhow how can I get step by step instructions on repair of this machine. I have ordered all the service and parts manuals out there I can find but they only help with basic tasks.
I will take a look in my manuals and Perkins engine books .
Thankyou, i was just able to reach behind the bulkhead and feel a bolted on panel to access the gear bolt. not easy to get to, but I was able to unbolt it and install the new pump. Now I'm having trouble bleeding the Pump. I got fuel pressure to the injector pump but nothing coming out of the bleed screws. Going to check the shutoff solenoid tomorrow. It came new with the pump, and clicks when energized...so not expecting that to be the problem...but what else???
What is the serial number on your machine wither enge model and serial number ? Did you time the engine before removing the old pump and time the new before you installed on engine ?
Info I gave at start of forom (JCB 505-22 Telehandler (AA 561346) with a 4cyl Perkins AA50261 U518174T ser. #518174S 76hp (some info says 4.4/1004-4 non-turbo). Is that what you need? I've never seen any info on timing the engine??? How do you do that? I did ballpark the injector pump mounting slots and tried to match up as close as I could.
Yesterday I pulled out the shut-off solenoid to check the flow to it. It seemed week and kept bubbling air. I spent the day cleaning up the fuel supply lines and connections. Found what seemed to be low output pressure, so I replaced the electric in-line pump which I had installed 10 years ago...it increased the pressure to the injector pump from 2.5psi to 5psi. Ran out of time to try it out.
I forgot you posted ther serial numbers .What is your email address ? I have the manual that shows you timing the engine with the different injection pump that would be use .What brand pump do you have on yours ?
It was a Lucas, and the new one is Perkins.
email is [email protected]
Email sent to you .