Hi there, I work in a small company, mostly doing deliveries, repairing computer issues, doing small upgrades and sometimes called to move pallets up and down using an electric forklift. It seems to be a Clark (marking on the left pedal), but despite it having about 6500 hours on the counter, is pretty worn out, including the plate with load ratings, so not sure about the exact model. Some parts may be missing as there's no guard grill between the forks and the mast. Manual has been lost by previous owner. Right pedal is used to move the truck when transmission lever is engaged, but I'm still unsure about the usage of the left one. Tested without a load, it doesn't brake the lift, nor changes anything on the fork up and down / tilt operation. What is it used for? Also, there's a lever on the right looking like a handbrake, whose tip seems to be tensioning a small chain when screwed clockwise. What's the usage of it? None of the company's owners know its usage, and its position doesn't change anything in the lift's movement.
Sit on it as operating.. Get off to your right. Back up and get a full view picture of it. Then get a picture looking down upon the floor board showing the pedals you cite. While you are doing this, closely examine the right hand side of the frame. That the side to your right sitting in the seat. Examine frame outer portion, not any bolt on plates or elec motor covers. Even on the top edge of this frame thickness. Somewhere on it you will find a series of numbers cut/stenciled into it. These numbers will enable someone to "ID" model and SN#. They will be about 3/4 to I inch high and easily located unless someone has drug it up against a concrete wall repeatedly and scraped them illegible. An aside.. Is it a 4 wheel or 3 wheel machine? Right pedal??? Accelerator/speed control. Other pedal if only one?? Brake pedal-Should slow of stop the truck. Other lever??? Could be the hand/park brake lever-Top knob screwed C/wise would shorten the "chain" ???/ Usually a cable and adjust the brake. Try these and if can get numbers and some description someone will help you
Ok, I'll try to get these as soon as I find a bit of time, next Wednesday. As I say, it's not my primary task in the company, but as it's small, pretty much everyone can do everything. There's no much light in the warehouse for pictures, though. True, I still wonder what the previous owner used it for to get it so scraped. Can it be considered a 3 wheels? The back ones are close together with a central pivot. The left pedal doesn't really stop the truck. With fork slightly lifted, accelerating it, then pressing the left pedal seems to do nothing better than just letting go the right pedal. I wouldn't use it too close to the deck's edge, say.
THAT is priceless, I guess I wouldn't want to get to close to the edge either! Take a look under the covers and see what that left pedal is hooked to, that should clarify your braking situation (or lack thereof). The handbrake lever should be just that, try tightening the adjustment knob with the lever released and check it every couple turns until you can just barely get the lever to "snap over", and see if that helps the brake hold any better that way. I suppose you can use it just fine with the electric "motor braking" but brakes are kind of a essential safety feature, ya know?
Hey, just checked today. As thought, this is indeed a Clark (couldn't see the model number as it was so dirty underside). No handbrake, even with knob fully screwed, no foot brake. There's no clear "snap" pulling the lever, and in fact, even a moderate pressure on the right pedal was enough to get it moving, even with handbrake in "set" position. So until we really need it for daily work, I guess we're pretty much going to use it as an elevator for the top shelves.