I own a 2002 tmz 34/19. Bought it new. I recently set out hydrolic outriggers and leveled unit for next day use. Next morning I had no power to the ground control box, no lights, no read out, nothing. I had a local Genie certified dealer look at the unit. They said the batteries were no good and that since they were bad and were operating on low voltage, the amperage spiked and more than likely fried the component boards. I bought new batteries first, still nothing. I then replaced all component/cpu boards, still nothing. I found a service manual on line and it says to first check and or replace the 5A fuse. Nothing on any schematic showing the 5A fuse. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Tom T. :drinkup It depends on your serial number. I've looked at several diagrams over serial number ranges, all use a 275 amp fuse in the cable that goes from master positive battery terminal to the hydraulic pump motor. This fuse is on the main power circuit. The other thing I see, depending on s/n, is either a 5 amp fuse in the lower control box, or a 30 amp circuit breaker in the lower control box.
I was wondering if the low battery condition is capable of adversely affecting the control board ("fried control board"**? If this is indeed the situation, it is puzzling to me that a machine would be designed with such a hamstrung arrangement - batteries go dead quite often.
Willie59, The 275 amp fuse visually looks ok. The next part in line would be 66047 Controller - Motor, 175A DC. Don't know how to test it. Not sure Local Genie dealer knows what they are looking at. They billed me $500.00 to misdiagnose the problem. Spent $1800.00 on new circuit boards, which they said were probably fried, $600.00 on new batteries. Just frustrated.
What's the machine serial number?
Hey Willie59, Been away for a while. Serial # T3402-358
Yeah, kind of busy myself at this moment, don't want to leave you hanging for the evening. I'll see if can find something by the s/n. But tell ya what, just for the heck of it, call Hindley Electronics and ask them if they can test your motor controller, or if there's a way you can do a quick test on it, might glean some good info from them. 888-352-4000.
Hey Willie, question who do you deal with over there and Hindley? I miss the days when Jarrod used to pick up the phone. I got to where I could get along with Dean. But that gal they have answering the phone now, I cringe when she answers.
Drat, can't remember the persons name at the moment, I don't call them that often. I have noticed new voices when I call, I reckon they're growing, which is good I suppose.
I've recently bought a 1999 Genie TMZ 34/19. It is the manual leveling type. I am having trouble with the left front outrigger. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to "read" level, even when the level bubble is perfectly centered. Of course, the controls won't function if the machine thinks it isn't level. The one time I did get it to work, it suddenly became "unlevel" with the bucket in the air. It's only the left front, the others are fine. What could cause this?
Hi, Did you ever find out what caused the Genie TMZ 34/19 to go totally dead? I just had the same problem with a 2000 model T3400-00023. It worked perfect I set the outriggers for the next days work. When I came back it is totally dead. The only thing I can find is 24v at the controller, and 275 amp fuse check visually and has continuity, and no green LED light on main control board. I hate to call for help they charge s much.