Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark forklift won’t move

SilentRon ยท 2016-04-26 21:21

Anyone know why my Clark Forklift won't move (forward or reverse) even though the fluid levels are OK? And yes, the e-brake is OFF. I hate it when my stuff won't work. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this post. Thank you. Respectfully, SilentRon

Replies12
  1. #1lantraxco2016-04-26 22:51

    A vague hint about year or model or power might help, Clark forklift leaves a lot of room. I'll take a wild guess there's an inching pedal and something is hung up. Does your machine have a Mico brake lock valve? Some inching valves were mechanically operated, some off the brake pressure.

  2. #2SilentRon2016-04-27 00:00

    Hi Lantraxco: Sorry my post was so vague, but there's a two hour drive between me and my forklift. As soon as I'm able, I'll get more info (and post it) so as not to be so vague. Thank you for your response. It gives me some things to look for. Thanks again, SilentRon

  3. #3SilentRon2016-04-28 23:19

    Hello Lantraxco: I have an LPG 4 cylinder Clark Model C 500 30 with 2750 lb. lift capacity and no Mico lock valve. Is there a way I can determine the year from the serial number? Thanks again, SilentRon

  4. #4lantraxco2016-04-28 23:38

    I don't have access to the serial number stuff but yeah, a Clark lift dealer should be able to tell you. Pop the floorboards off and look to see if the left pedal is either connected by linkage to something on the transmission like a small lever, or if there's a steel brake line connected to a fitting on the transmission. If it has the brake line connected up, there's a piston under there that moves and declutches the transmission, sometimes they get stuck and need a bit of love and a new rubber cup. Mind you I'm working off old memories so YMMV and it may not be the inching system that's causing your problem anyway but it's somewhere to start.

  5. #5SilentRon2016-05-01 18:46

    Hey Lantraxco: Exactly what I was looking for; a place to start! Thank you. Once I've had an opportunity to do some mechanical "digging," I'll report back. Thanks again, SilentRon

  6. #6Reed2016-05-06 05:43

    I can give you year from sn# or most any spec.

  7. #7SilentRon2016-05-07 00:40

    Clark Forklift Hello Reed: Sent you a PM. Thanks! SilentRon

  8. #8Soo2018-10-16 12:11

    Hello I have the same problem with a Clark electric forklift:won't move foward or reverse. The lift functions are working, when i press the pedal to go foward it does click, then i can hear the motor, but that all, it is not moving. Can anyone help me with an advice or solution( i am trying from weeks to fix it but it seems to me i can't find the problem)? Thanks

  9. #9TVA2018-10-16 13:10

    Logically if you can hear motor but no movement it might be mechanical issue between motor and the wheels. Another question, are your sure you hear motor or you hear inverter/VFD humming ( if that forklift is new enough to have those)?

  10. #10Soo2018-10-16 15:41

    Hello, You are right it is not the motor i hear, are the two coils one from front and one from rear. SCR is EV100LX, and the forklift is a Clark EPN30, (i think 1988).On the engine there are four wires, do you know the connection for them? Thanks

  11. #11Soo2018-10-29 16:35

    Hello, Regarding the problem with the clark electric forklift (not moving foward or reverse) does any had a similar problem? Or someone has wiring diagram or repair manual? Thanos

  12. #12Soo2018-10-29 16:49

    It is a clark forklift EPN30.