Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark GTS 25 fuel gauge

al cohen ยท 2025-07-22 12:40

I just bought a new Clark GTS 25. I thought it was great that it came with a propane fuel gauge vs the 2 minute warning light on my old Hyster. We just learned the hard way that the gauge is useless. It doesn't measure capacity, only full or dead empty. The needle went from full to empty and 15 seconds later, dead fork lift. The sales guy said, that's just the way they are?!?!?! I'm waiting to hear back from Clark. At least the 2 minute warning on my 25 year old Hyster gave me time to drive to the tank storage cage. Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Replies2
  1. #1Coaldust2025-07-22 20:19

    Welcome to the HEF. I love the 1075. I can talk about propane all day long. The gauge on my tank is fairly accurate. Taste the food, not the fuel is what I say.

  2. #2TD242025-07-26 12:33

    The only dependable solution; regardless of make, model, #SN of any LPG (Propane fueled machine/device.. Have a spare filled tank on hand; at a convenient and clear way to walk and get. Used in/on forklift material handling equipment since 1972 and have never known of a practical working warning. Your Hyster must have been one of a kind, the Hyster or its LPG adaptation installed. Do not doubt it, just never seen it....