Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark-Michigan 45B transmission

Dadam · 2021-11-23 08:04

I have a Clark-Michigan 45B that is having a transmission issue. Reverse works fine, all three forward speeds work only sometimes. More often not. When it does go forward all three speeds work fine and pushes fine. New fluid and filter. Anybody with any thoughts?

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632021-11-23 08:14

    A transmission model and serial number would be helpful. I am assuming it's a Clark transmission system.

  2. #2Dadam2021-11-23 09:46

    I believe it’s the r28000 series 3 speed transmission Machine serial #4189C342JAC thanks

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-11-23 10:18

    Forward clutch pack or collector rings

  4. #4Dadam2021-11-24 07:55

    I was hoping I didn’t get that for an answer Would that not be a all the time issue? What gets me is it doesn’t slip or have problems pushing when it does drive forward. I was wondering if I was to replace the atf in the transmission with 10 weight oil and made a difference it would confirm the worn theory

  5. #5Dave Neubert2021-11-24 08:01

    If reverse works fine then you don't have a pressure or oil supply problem when the seals get wore if they pressurize they tend to seal off but when they don't they leak