Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark Michigan 75B engine size details wanted

Kiwi Will ยท 2009-11-29 12:39

Hi there, I am wanting the cubic capacity and HP of the engine to place the Beast for sale. The I.D. plate details says its a 75B # 447E-113 Can someone help? It was part of an Estate hence, I'm somewhat "in the dark". Awesome brut to play in though. Have lifted, crushed & squashed old cars in the log forks, dropped heavy things and had wonderful fun. Mummy says I have to pass on the toy to someone else now.

Replies11
  1. #1Steve Frazier2009-11-29 16:43

    My friend has one with a Cummins 5.9 in it.

  2. #2Cat4202009-11-29 17:32

    I pulled some stuff of a list I have saved, which is by no means all inclusive, but should help out. I took a screenshot to keep the format in order. Looks like there could be one of a few different engines in there.

  3. #3Kiwi Will2009-11-30 21:36

    Thanks Cat420. Im afraid I still don't know. I understand it has a Cummins in it but the year of its manufacture or cubic capacity still is at a loss. Maybe its the brain in my head thats at a loss. If I work out how to post a picture of the machine, motor and ID plate, it might assist someone with the knowledge of the machines like yourself. I'll give it (the photo attachment) a go now. Thanks again for your time and efforts. Cheers

  4. #4Kiwi Will2009-11-30 22:00

    Well, sadly I cant work out if photos are either allowed or/& where it can be initiated to enable me to show the machine Im trying to learn about. I have asked to this web sites "CONTACT US" to let me know if & how its done. Cheers & BEST WISHES for this festive season to all.

  5. #5Kiwi Will2009-11-30 22:04

    Well, sadly I cant work out if photos are either allowed or/& where it can be initiated to enable me to show the machine Im trying to learn about. I have asked to this web sites "CONTACT US" to let me know if & how its done. Cheers & BEST WISHES for this festive season to all.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2009-11-30 22:42

    Here is a tutorial on how to post pictures.

  7. #7Kiwi Will2009-12-01 00:56

    Michigan 75B photos Now that was a touch days work in the office! ie learning to download shrunk photos for this page!!!! Wonder if I can do it again tomora

  8. #8tdozer2009-12-01 14:33

    The pictures show that you have 4cyl 2 stroke Detroit Diesel. Whether its a 4-53 or a 4-71, i dont know how to tell the difference by looking at them.

  9. #9AK HDM2009-12-01 14:34

    From the pictures that has a 4-71 Detroit diesel, not a Cummins. Not a bad looking old loader!

  10. #10AK HDM2009-12-01 14:45

    Inline 71 series have the governor attached to the end of the blower,& have a water manifold on the head above the exhaust manifold. There are other visual differences, such as valve cover, air box covers, but those are two of the easiest. Mike

  11. #11Kiwi Will2009-12-01 18:52

    Pic of motor Thought I'd see if the brain is real dead or just playing dead. Tried attaching another photo and found brain just in playin' dead mode. Engine shown here got a whole lot more life than the brain. It hasn't started puttin' on spare tyres for being near idle for 5 years either Having found that it isn't even a Cummins is an interesting observation! Shows not only my ignorance but a cobbers who apparently s'posed to know these machines. He's gonna get 'ell :falldownlaugh Cheers guys. I really appreciate your time spent on this. Happy, Safe Christmas to you & yours.