Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan loader engine swap!

Jeff S ยท 2009-11-30 20:40

Does anybody know if a 453 will swap out with my original 353n? The starter, exhaust, and blower are where they need to be. There's plenty of room for it to fit. Thanks :beatsme

Replies3
  1. #1Jeff S2009-12-04 14:43

    Anybody??? lol!!!

  2. #2AK HDM2009-12-04 23:47

    The 4-53 is longer than the 3-53, I don't remember the difference, but I'd guess about 6in. If the flywheel housing is the same, you could use the flywheel from the 3-53. The front engine mount on the frame will have to be moved. Radiator hoses shortened. Radiator shroud may have to be modified. Good luck Mike

  3. #3Jeff S2009-12-05 23:23

    Thanks Mike! I made a deal with the guy to get the tranny too, but I'm hoping it's the same size bell housing so I can leave the tranny alone. Picking the motor and tranny up next weekend, and hope to have this old girl up and running by Sunday night. Snow's on the way!! Thanks Again! Jeff