I was about to buy this loader and have test drove it several times. I was going to buy and drive home (only 3 miles away) so I was playing with brakes trying to see if I could get them to work when it stopped going forward, It drives good in reverse. The owner said this happened couple years ago, and took to a shop and they pulled in and out of the shop a few times just looking at it and it started working. They said it might be the valve sticking. It doesn't get used, he just starts it to keep it running. I drained the trany fluid and checked the screen, It looked good and clean but low. Don't have shop manual for it just a parts manual. Any info on what it might be and were I can find a manual would be appreciated. Thank you
When the brakes are engaged in forward the transmission is declutched, there should be a valve under the brake pedal or on the master cylinder that will disengage the forward clutch. this is so you can rev the engine to dump the bucket without pissing of the truck driver by slamming into the side of his truck or driving into a ditch when trying to backfill. Later models moved that function to one brake pedal so the operator had the option to declutch or not.