I cant get the bolt out of the transmission on the 821C. Ive tried breaker bar, heat, freeze, hammering you name it. Can I take a bolt out of the lower housing on the tranny and drain it that way? Thank Bruce
Are you talking about a drain plug? If the head is still in good shape then you just need a longer bar with the tightest impact socket you can find. Be careful if you use a cheater pipe. If it's a drain plug with a flange on it, you could try using a cold chisel on the flange, chisel into the flange in one spot hitting counterclockwise, then move around the outside chiseling a few blows at a time.
When you say hammering don't just give it a love tap , you need to hit it like you mean it.
Yes the drain plug and Ive done everything including today using a chisel, nothing. Theres not alot of room in that area unfortunately. I was hoping a housing bolt went through to the internal pan. Thank you for your response!
Ive done everything including today using a chisel, nothing. Theres not alot of room in that area unfortunately. I was hoping a housing bolt went through to the internal pan. Thank you for your response!
Try harder until it breaks. Or weld a bigger nut onto the head, as fast and hot as you can. Let it cool completely. It should break loose and turn out easily at that point. This works better if you break the head off first. I doubt that any other bolt will drain satisfactorily.
Thanks Im probably going to have to do that. Ill post the results . Thanks